When deciding on a vacation venue, one of the first things parents consider is how family-friendly a location is. After all, if children are happy and have things to do, then parents enjoy their vacation more too.
There are lots of things for kids to do near St Simons Island real estate for kids, and here are just a few of their favorites.
- Sandy beach. What child doesn’t like splashing in the water, and then building sandcastles and finding treasures along the beach? Most kids can spend hours in this one location (and parents can just relax).
- St. Simons lighthouse. Built in 1872, this historic icon is interesting, and kids love to climb up the steps and see the view from the top.
- Riding bikes. Bring your own, or rent some when you get here, because kids will love the ability to explore the island on all the paths created just for this purpose.
- Watersports. There’s a variety of things to try with so much water all around. Kayaking and paddle boarding are popular, or for those who enjoy more extreme options, try surfing, or parasailing.
- Fishing. Kids can fish near the shore and pull in some great varieties from the ocean. Or go out on one of the charter options and see if you can bring home a real big one!
- Eating. There are many dining options on the island, and most of them are family friendly. Kids can try something new, or stick to their favorites, like pizza and ice cream.
- Shopping. Children will enjoy exploring the shops in town to find a special souvenir to take home, and parents might just find something for themselves too.
- The Neptune Park Fun Zone. Located right on St Simons Island, families can play miniature golf, swim in the pool, and explore a great playground.
- Summer Waves Water Park on Jekyll Island. Kids won’t want to leave even after they’ve tried every attraction in this 11 acre park.
- Georgia Sea Turtle Center also on nearby Jekyll Island. Children love these creatures, and will enjoy getting to experience them up close and personal.
There are many more things for children to do on St Simons Island, but these are some of the highlights. So if you’re looking for some place to get away this summer, DeLoach Sotheby’s International RealtyÂ to find the perfect family-friendly vacation home.